- 17th June 2pm-3pm– Islington Great Get Together-show of unity
- The courtyard, Muslim Welfare House, 233 Seven Sisters Road, London, N4 2DA
- May 25th 10am- 1pm–IFF Networking Event for faith based organisations / projects in Islington
- Finsbury Park Mosque, 7-11 St Thomas Road, Finsbury Park, London N4 2QH
To register for this event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For more information you can download the agenda here.
- February 23rd– IFF Networking event ‘A Day for Faith Based Organisations in Islington’
- The Emerald Suite, House on the Rock, 29 Tufnell Park Road, London N7 OPS. To register for this event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- March – IFF Lecture and Debate – Religious Belief and Families
- March – Best Practice & Networking Conference: Mental Health & Poverty, with speakers Vicki Nash (MIND); Lynne Friedli (Wellbeing and Social Justice); Cllr. Catherine West; Jeremy Corbyn MP; iBUG; Kids Time; Crisis Project for Women; and Help on Your Doorstep.
- March – IFF Lecture and Debate with Keynote Speaker in the person of Lord Indarjit Singh CBE, at the The Council Chamber, Islington Town Hall.
- September – IFF celebrates its Month of Peace with activities to allow local citizens and visitors to join in community, and to share perspectives on peace.
March – IFF Community Festival in the Assembly Hall of Islington Town Hall.
- November – IFF Presentation – DOWNLOAD our latest presentation with achievement data and key facts.
- November – IFF lecture and debate – Faith In The Global Village – Connecting the Local and International in Inter-Faith Relationships – with keynote speaker, Rev. Canon Guy Wilkinson, National Inter-Religious Affairs Adviser to the Archbishop of Canterbury. IFF WIN COMPACT AWARD
- October – a Compact Award was made to IFF, and Mike Sherrif, head of Islington voluntary sector (VAI) stated that “. . . the Compact Award shows that real improvements can be made to services for residents when community organisations work closely together . . . “. The image above shows the Islington Mayor, Mouna Hamitouche, presenting the award, along with Graham Smith, of Cambridge Education
- September – IFF launched its Month of Peace with a Peace March, Peace Assemblies and Drama Troupe in schools, open places for peaceful reflection, question time panels in schools, childrens activities including decoration of recyclable bags.
- March – Networking Event to support local faith-based organsations in identiying and sharing common values. A series of workshops covered Fund-raising; Reaching the community; Provision of community services; Partnershps in the faith sector; Sharing information, resources and premises; Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults; Supporting volunteers.
- November – IFF Lecture and Debate – Rabbi Jackie Tabick, who is the first female Rabbi in the UK and an Executive Member of Inter Faith Network UK, presented a challenging and edifying lecture on Inter-Faith Dialogue which inspired a series of relevant topical debates among participants.
- September – Peace Week with the annual Peace Walk, plus visits to Schools by London Zoo to present on green issues, opening of places for peaceful reflection,
- IFF Inaugural Lecture – Download Lord Hameed’s Speech Here
- September – Peace Week with a Peace Walk, Dove Launches, Assemblies, Question Time panels, Family Rounders events, and others.
- September – Peace Week launched with Candle Service, Poetry and Photography Challenge, Peace March and various seminars and presentations.
- Extended web-based directory updated to include a wider range of smaller groups delivering tangible support services to citizens in Islington.
- Initial web-based directory launched in Islington.
- Mapping study identifies faith-based organisations and groups in Islington.
- Faiths Forum formally recognised and supported by Islington Council.
- Faiths Forum established informally.